City Building Games & Forums
October 30, 2014, 04:47:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: CityBuilderGames.com is a gaming community made up of city building game enthusiasts that love such games as SimCity 4, Cities XL 2011, Anno 1701 and Anno 1404, all of the Tropico series of games and more.

Come discuss your favorite City Building game in our message forums that we have setup for all of the games listed above and so many more.  Registration is free and only takes a couple of minutes.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register   *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 04:47:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent Topics
[October 30, 2014, 07:44:33 AM]

[October 29, 2014, 11:56:12 AM]

[October 29, 2014, 07:13:04 AM]

[October 26, 2014, 06:05:36 PM]

by Face
[October 21, 2014, 02:08:45 PM]

[October 19, 2014, 09:44:16 PM]

[October 16, 2014, 07:30:07 AM]

[October 14, 2014, 03:48:46 PM]

[September 27, 2014, 07:57:11 AM]

[September 27, 2014, 07:45:15 AM]
Click the plus on this block if you did not receive your activation email when registering on this site
If you registered for membership on this site but have not yet received the confirmation activation email, there are 3 main reasons.

1. It ended up in your junk or spam folder, please look there to see if it's in there.

2. You did not enter your correct email address.  Please register with a new username and the correct email address and try again.

3. Your IP address and or your Email Address is listed in the Stop Forum Spam (spam protection) database as a known spammer and when either your IP address and or your email address appears in that database, your account can not be approved.  As such if you are a spammer, please move along, our community is too small for you to bother with.  If you are NOT a spammer, contact the owners of Stop Forum Spam and get your information removed from their database and register a new account.
Permissions

Members
Total Members: 3928
Latest: Ceratisa
Stats
Total Posts: 31644
Total Topics: 2842
Online Today: 62
Online Ever: 273
(March 26, 2011, 05:00:14 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 43
Total: 47
CityBuilderGames.com! When you need a break from games of destruction, come here to discuss games of construction!

No matter the name of the game, we've got you covered here at City Builder Games.  Forums, downloads and much more are awaiting you here at the Citybuildergames.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help error when starting anno 1701 TAGES  (Read 5415 times)
andyafro
City Clerk

« on: December 11, 2007, 03:16:27 PM »

Hi there people nice forums you here, always been keen on city building games.

Anyways I just got anno 1701 today, installed it fine but when i click the exe the game starts then comes up with "Driver error please run supportdrvsetup. exe" so i went to the folder support and ran drv setup and it says "driver needs installing with admin account" im admin so thats cool.  I click proceed and then it says "unable to proceed (error 577)
Im running vista 64 btw, Ive got no idea how to solve this problem it never gives me the chance to enter my cd key stupid really.  Ive tried reinstalling and not having much luck googleing tages error 577.  Any help would be evry much apreciated im sure i cant be the only person to have this problem well i hope not anyways.
MaxBeta
City Mayor

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 03:26:12 PM »

Hello and Welcome  andyafro   Welcome to CB forums

Yuk.. what a terrible thing to happen.  I sympathize.. I'll take a guess that it has to do with the Tages 32bit that involves the game and your 64bit OS..are conflicting.

You might goggle to see if this has any reports..  I keep Tages removal tools handy.. some of us aren't partial to StarForce in any form..

Sorry you are having the problem.. have you tried any other avenues to install at this point?

Hope we can figure this one out... thanks again for posting   Smiley Blink

Max
andyafro
City Clerk

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 03:45:15 PM »

Ok i got the game working, i used a cracked exe and then when i start the game with that it just askes to enter cd key and im away! So thats good news, however it means multiplayer is not an option as that says my cd key is invalid.
I can play the game now though which is nice, would be good to get it working properly though.  Any links to this Tages removal tool you have maybe if i remove them and try them of the cd again? thats all i can think of at the moment.
MaxBeta
City Mayor

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 04:03:06 PM »

Ssssh..... Don't tell anybody Jeez..that's awful to have to resort to "crack".. <shudder> ..it a sad day when copyprotection makes a player justify that..

It's nice that you are playing..albeit the method.   Soapbox Speech with tape across mouth

Here's some links... on is to the Sunflowers community..it is a simple forum, but has many dedicated Anno player..and good info for this title.

Goneflowers forums

Here's a link to the removal procedure and tool for CP that interfer with your application's and your happiness.

Starforce removal

Scroll down on this page (read the info if you have time) and you'll see the link.

Hope you find a normal installation solution..that's the key in this instance.

Thanks for visiting CB forums..   Smiley Blink

Max
andyafro
City Clerk

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 04:31:14 PM »

Your a star Thumbs Up

Thanks alot, the sunflower forums were a great help! Turns out the vista 64 drivers for tages were rubbish so i had to downlaod them from there web page and all is working now :)

Crazy isnt it though to get a game working it was actually easier to crack than to use offical and legal bought version from the shop, makes you wonder how effective/pointless some of these copy protection things are.

Anyways thanks again, I managed to wasted all day getting it working but thankfully i have with your help.  Now ill sleep and have a wee go on the game in the morning:)
MaxBeta
City Mayor

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 07:17:51 PM »

Happy Dance  No prob andyafro!! Glad this has an happy ending.. and you're playing a great game.

Yup..irony in the premise on copyprotection.. the world of gaming can be a strange one for sure.

Rest up..play and play some more... wink

Keep in touch..let us know how your playing experience is progressing.

Max
City Builder
City Governor
Governor
City Mayor

-=R.I.P. Weston=-

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 06:30:45 AM »

I believe I had the same issue wth the 32bit tages drivers and had to download an updated version of them.

I'm pleased to see that you have it running now without having to resort to using a cracked exe to run it as you well know you get all the features now, plus it was rumored that after a certain amount of time with any of the cracked versions of the game, after a certain amount of time the game would cause either a BSOD, or a CTD or a spontaneous reboot.  Whether it was just rumor or some truth to it I don't know, I never bothered to try to find out as it really wasn't that important to me to crack the game when I was having problems with it and the tages CP.

Happy Dance

"Meat is Murder" - tasty tasty murder!
- I'm NOT a bird, I do NOT tweet

-= RIP Weston =-
Nov 26, 2005 - July 15, 2010
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: