City Building Games & Forums
November 28, 2014, 06:07:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: When you need a break from games of destruction, come here to talk about games of construction.

CityBuilderGames.com

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register   *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2014, 06:07:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent Topics
[November 28, 2014, 04:09:56 PM]

[November 28, 2014, 09:42:42 AM]

[November 26, 2014, 04:07:42 PM]

[November 16, 2014, 04:52:36 PM]

[November 09, 2014, 12:39:58 AM]

[November 07, 2014, 01:29:32 AM]

[November 04, 2014, 02:53:50 PM]

[October 29, 2014, 07:13:04 AM]

[October 26, 2014, 06:05:36 PM]

by Face
[October 21, 2014, 02:08:45 PM]
Click the plus on this block if you did not receive your activation email when registering on this site
If you registered for membership on this site but have not yet received the confirmation activation email, there are 3 main reasons.

1. It ended up in your junk or spam folder, please look there to see if it's in there.

2. You did not enter your correct email address.  Please register with a new username and the correct email address and try again.

3. Your IP address and or your Email Address is listed in the Stop Forum Spam (spam protection) database as a known spammer and when either your IP address and or your email address appears in that database, your account can not be approved.  As such if you are a spammer, please move along, our community is too small for you to bother with.  If you are NOT a spammer, contact the owners of Stop Forum Spam and get your information removed from their database and register a new account.
Permissions

Members
Total Members: 3636
Latest: gabex001
Stats
Total Posts: 31670
Total Topics: 2847
Online Today: 64
Online Ever: 273
(March 26, 2011, 05:00:14 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 48
CityBuilderGames.com! When you need a break from games of destruction, come here to discuss games of construction!

No matter the name of the game, we've got you covered here at City Builder Games.  Forums, downloads and much more are awaiting you here at the Citybuildergames.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simcity (2013)!  (Read 5306 times)
Khalan
City Attorney

« on: February 29, 2012, 03:26:31 PM »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/02/29/sim-city-5-is-founded/
Bruschev
City Attorney

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 05:06:11 PM »

I saw his, but was up in Auckland watching the All Whites, didn't get a chance to look at it.

I am going to wait and see,

Apparently these are some concept art pictures of the game,

http://www.simprograms.com/39380/more-simcity-5-pics-via-the-awesome-simtimes/

I hope it's true, I want to believe..
Bruschev
City Attorney

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 06:05:05 PM »

few more on simtrpolis:

http://www.simtropolis.com/news/_/first-image-of-simcity-5-from-german-magazine-gamestar-r139
Virmin
City Attorney

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 11:18:22 PM »

Very exciting news!

I realize I will inevitably be disappointed by all the lack of features (or inclusion of dumb features) in the final product. But after such a long time since SimCity 4 I think it reasonable to expect that it will, at the very least, be better then Simcity 4 overall.

Bruschev
City Attorney

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 12:08:44 AM »

Just notice on the bottom picture it has the simoleon symbol. Wonder when we'll hear an official release date.. Or just more information.
Khalan
City Attorney

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 01:01:35 AM »

Yeah, it does make you wonder if it will actually be worse (besides the graphics and curved roads) than a fully modded Simcity 4 which has had almost a decade's worth of modding and plugins.
Bruschev
City Attorney

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 01:12:02 AM »

I think if Sim City 4 had a graphics overhaul and allowed for more in-depth city building such as curved roads and various other things which can make a city unique, we'd be onto a winner.

Would love a full 3D camera, able to zoom in, out and spin around etc.
City Builder
City Governor
Governor
City Mayor

-=R.I.P. Weston=-

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 03:28:49 PM »

Just notice on the bottom picture it has the simoleon symbol. Wonder when we'll hear an official release date.. Or just more information.

Official release date would be nice.  I did just read on one of the linked or maybe a link to a link to a link article that it's coming out in 2013.

I won't believe (and get my hopes up) until EA officially announces that they are even working on SC5.

But if they do... WOW, HOLY SCHNITZEL, WOW

"Meat is Murder" - tasty tasty murder!
- I'm NOT a bird, I do NOT tweet

-= RIP Weston =-
Nov 26, 2005 - July 15, 2010
City Builder
City Governor
Governor
City Mayor

-=R.I.P. Weston=-

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 03:30:43 PM »

Yeah, it does make you wonder if it will actually be worse (besides the graphics and curved roads) than a fully modded Simcity 4 which has had almost a decade's worth of modding and plugins.

That is the problem (plugins), theres just so many of them now that the vanilla game no longer even interests me, visually and gameplay wise.

Unless they are planning on offering plugin support, I can't imagine that other than visually SC5 will manage to stand up to SimCity 4.  With proper plugin support, it should far surpass SimCity 4

"Meat is Murder" - tasty tasty murder!
- I'm NOT a bird, I do NOT tweet

-= RIP Weston =-
Nov 26, 2005 - July 15, 2010
Virmin
City Attorney

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 04:15:01 PM »

I think my biggest problem with Simcity 4 was that it didn't function properly due to a combination of bad balance and glitchs. And although the mods, such as NAM, certainly do a decent job at making things better, it still suffers from these same issues to varying degrees. I speak of issues like work places having workers despite the fact that no residents are able to commute to the location due to distance. This in turn messes with the demands since you now have satisfied the business demand even though you have a bunch of unemployed people, all because the businesses are some how magicly getting some non-existent workforce.

Then there is the high wealth demand issue where due to high demand you have high wealth moving in and creating big fancy towers only to decide once they move in that they aren't happy with their new home so they leave. Then after leaving the demand goes back up as a result and so instead of moving into the empty building they make a new building and the cycle repeats itself till you have a skyline full of dilapidated towers.

Then their is the retarded unemployment waves due to travel distance even when the travel distance isn't even remotely close to being far by any reasonable stretch of the imagination. The NAM mod helps in this regard a far bit but not entirely.

I find these sorts of hidden game mechanics mixed with apparent oversights by the programmers result in a game of frustration when I try to build a city that even remotely resembles a realistic city.

If Simcity 5 simply functions the way it portrays itself to I think that would be a pretty large feat over Simcity 4.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: