City Building Games & Forums
October 20, 2014, 02:10:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: When you need a break from games of destruction, come here to talk about games of construction.

CityBuilderGames.com

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register   *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 02:10:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent Topics
[October 19, 2014, 09:44:16 PM]

[October 16, 2014, 04:19:46 PM]

[October 16, 2014, 07:30:07 AM]

by Face
[October 15, 2014, 12:11:06 AM]

[October 14, 2014, 03:48:46 PM]

[September 27, 2014, 07:57:11 AM]

[September 27, 2014, 07:45:15 AM]

[September 24, 2014, 06:38:27 PM]

[September 23, 2014, 06:19:09 PM]

[September 23, 2014, 03:39:11 PM]
Click the plus on this block if you did not receive your activation email when registering on this site
If you registered for membership on this site but have not yet received the confirmation activation email, there are 3 main reasons.

1. It ended up in your junk or spam folder, please look there to see if it's in there.

2. You did not enter your correct email address.  Please register with a new username and the correct email address and try again.

3. Your IP address and or your Email Address is listed in the Stop Forum Spam (spam protection) database as a known spammer and when either your IP address and or your email address appears in that database, your account can not be approved.  As such if you are a spammer, please move along, our community is too small for you to bother with.  If you are NOT a spammer, contact the owners of Stop Forum Spam and get your information removed from their database and register a new account.
Permissions

Members
Total Members: 3927
Latest: MaineRoad
Stats
Total Posts: 31632
Total Topics: 2840
Online Today: 38
Online Ever: 273
(March 26, 2011, 05:00:14 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 34
CityBuilderGames.com! When you need a break from games of destruction, come here to discuss games of construction!

No matter the name of the game, we've got you covered here at City Builder Games.  Forums, downloads and much more are awaiting you here at the Citybuildergames.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 0AD - a new rts with lots of promise for custom modding  (Read 1677 times)
alincarpetman
City Clerk

« on: February 01, 2012, 02:53:13 PM »

Hello,

I didn't see any topics about 0Ad and since it is an rts and not a city builder game there is no forum for it.   However there is a lot of potential with this game since it will have the option for full custom modding which is great.  

"0 A. D.  is a free, open-source, cross-platform real-time strategy game under development by Wildfire Games.  It is a historical war and economy game focusing on the years between 500 B. C.  and A. D.  500.   The game will be cross-platform, playable on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.   The game aims to be entirely free and open-source.   In addition, the developers do not get paid for their work, nor will they charge for their product.   The game has been in development since 2000, with actual work starting in 2003.   There is no official release date set for the finished version. "

0AD official site: http://wildfiregames.com/0ad/
0AD official forum: : www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?act=idx
0AD mods at Mod Database: : www.moddb.com/games/0-ad/
0AD on youtube: : www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15271
0AD on Wikipedia: : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0ad

0AD can be interpreted as a 3d remake of the first Age of Empires game, but more historically realistic.   After over 10 years of independent work the game is nearing completion.  

Probably the best feature of the game is the moddability as described on the official page: "WFG started out as a game modification team, and true to our heritage and the FOSS philosophy, we believe being able to tinker with a game contributes to lasting fun and learning.  Aspects of the game like game logic, artwork, and data can be tweaked with tools or by modifying XML and javascript files to totally change the game. "

So there is a potential for making city builder game mods with this game, as RandomEd discusses his ideas for a Caesar 3 mod in this forum thread here:
http://caesar3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/caeforumscgi/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=7348&st=3#post4

-Mod Edit-
Edited valid url's to bypass our spam url scramblers which scramble all url's that are posted by new users until they have enough messages posted.
-Mod CB-
Bruschev
City Auditor

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:25:48 PM »

Ah yes, glad to see that this is still coming along nicely, I had great hopes for this game and it is looking fabulous from when I first came across it. Thanks for reminding me, am going to have to download it and see how much it has improved since I last played it.

Alo, CB, the graphics should be up to your standard. Sticking Tongue Out Definitely recommend you all (if you haven't already seen it before) check it out and tell us what you think.  
City Builder
City Governor
Governor
City Mayor

-=R.I.P. Weston=-

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:20:13 PM »

So it's sort of like a free AoE 3, but based on historical events?  Would be cool.

"Meat is Murder" - tasty tasty murder!
- I'm NOT a bird, I do NOT tweet

-= RIP Weston =-
Nov 26, 2005 - July 15, 2010
Seron
City Council

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 05:24:48 PM »

Sounds pretty cool, I will have to check it out!
Bruschev
City Auditor

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 02:20:54 PM »

Still has a very long way to go, found the fps to be a bit clunky, much more so than a previous version I played a year or so ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: