City Building Games & Forums
December 20, 2014, 12:36:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: CityBuilderGames.com is a gaming community made up of city building game enthusiasts that love such games as SimCity 4, Cities XL 2011, Anno 1701 and Anno 1404, all of the Tropico series of games and more.

Come discuss your favorite City Building game in our message forums that we have setup for all of the games listed above and so many more.  Registration is free and only takes a couple of minutes.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register   *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 12:36:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent Topics
by Face
[December 17, 2014, 12:19:57 PM]

[December 16, 2014, 06:38:24 PM]

[December 16, 2014, 06:35:55 PM]

[December 04, 2014, 04:59:49 PM]

[December 04, 2014, 04:57:44 PM]

[December 04, 2014, 04:43:14 PM]

[December 04, 2014, 04:26:24 PM]

[December 04, 2014, 04:20:39 PM]

[December 01, 2014, 01:39:42 PM]

[November 29, 2014, 04:18:23 PM]
Click the plus on this block if you did not receive your activation email when registering on this site
If you registered for membership on this site but have not yet received the confirmation activation email, there are 3 main reasons.

1. It ended up in your junk or spam folder, please look there to see if it's in there.

2. You did not enter your correct email address.  Please register with a new username and the correct email address and try again.

3. Your IP address and or your Email Address is listed in the Stop Forum Spam (spam protection) database as a known spammer and when either your IP address and or your email address appears in that database, your account can not be approved.  As such if you are a spammer, please move along, our community is too small for you to bother with.  If you are NOT a spammer, contact the owners of Stop Forum Spam and get your information removed from their database and register a new account.
Permissions

Members
Total Members: 3641
Latest: meekoia
Stats
Total Posts: 31687
Total Topics: 2854
Online Today: 58
Online Ever: 273
(March 26, 2011, 05:00:14 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 53
CityBuilderGames.com! When you need a break from games of destruction, come here to discuss games of construction!

No matter the name of the game, we've got you covered here at City Builder Games.  Forums, downloads and much more are awaiting you here at the Citybuildergames.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: From Dust - Coming Soon  (Read 6078 times)
Bruschev
City Attorney

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 12:53:52 AM »

am really keen to play this again, I don't have an xbox now and my PC will blow up if I try to play something like this haha. I am really curious about using lava, was the one thing I was not able to us, I ensure you will have a great time with this however.
Seron
City Council

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 03:20:30 PM »

As I am planning on buying an Xbox soon I will probably get the game for the xbox even though it would work on my computer. Can't wait to try it out. Smiley Blink
Bruschev
City Attorney

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 07:29:35 PM »

I think if you have a computer which is able to have far superior performance than an xbox, I would recommend getting it on PC, the controls are a little fiddly on the xbox version and it is hard to judge where the cursor is going because of the use of joy sticks.
crowebird
City Planner

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 03:51:26 PM »

Well I really wanted to get this for PC but so far it appears to be a terrible console port.... BAH - again ubisoft proves why I usually stay away from their games, really wanted this one too... :(

eVga Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 HD x 2 (SLi)
Khalan
City Attorney

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 05:12:32 AM »

That is disappointing... I was looking forward to this as well.

Here's some more info on it if anyone's interested:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/18/from-dust-does-need-online-badly-ported/

I used to like Ubisoft, until they introduced their frankly insane DRM schemes that provide a far inferior experience to the pirated versions - I'm not condoning piracy, but it's ridiculous that pirates can enjoy their games with none of the hassles (losing progress if your internet drops out, not being able to play at all without a live connection or the server being accessible etc) that proper paying customers have to put up with.  I know some people have never had a problem with Ubisoft's DRM, which is great, but I know of plenty of others (including myself with Settlers 7, took 2 weeks before I could play) that have.

Maybe I'll pick it up for my 360.  Have you had any issues with it on PC City Builder?
City Builder
City Governor
Governor
City Mayor

-=R.I.P. Weston=-

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 05:17:30 AM »

There is really only 2 or 3 really big disappointments to me about From Dust...

1. Can't completely unlock the mouse from the camera.

2. No 'real' graphic or advanced graphic settings to allow me to bump up the quality of the visuals.  To me, it looks like something I might play on our Xbox-360, and not my PC.  Defo didn't spend the amount of money on my PC to play games with what seems like more lower resolution textures.  Yeah graphics aren't everything, but when you are playing a game with limited actions, you really need something to stimulate your senses.

3. Can't skip any of the cut scenes, and after watching the tribes people walk into their cave for the umpteenth time, I just don't want to start the game anymore and the opening video is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW, I was tempted to just shut off the game from there, but of course I couldn't skip the opening movie either to get to any kind of controls so...  Seriously, the opening video is a slow zoom on a ceremonial hut (the place where the tribes people go to advance to the next mission), it seems to take maybe 20 to 40 seconds for that video, just for it to pan into the ceremonial hut.

4. No way to turn off vsync.  

As far as performance, it runs at a solid 30fps (capped), and no problems running it.  It starts up and runs fine, just got those 4 annoyances above for me.  No getting stuck on the opening video like a few people have reported (maybe the computer got tired of waiting for the opening video to be over too and tried to pull it's own plug to be put out of it's misery Laughing) and no problems with the game running slow, nor any problems with the game crashing (has not happened yet, but I'm going to go pray to the God of PC's to ensure it stays this stable Laughing) it runs without fault for me and my PC.

"Meat is Murder" - tasty tasty murder!
- I'm NOT a bird, I do NOT tweet

-= RIP Weston =-
Nov 26, 2005 - July 15, 2010
Bruschev
City Attorney

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 12:15:32 AM »

PC version sounds like a shocker, ubisoft really are not nudging away from there online DRM or whatever its called policy, always having to be connected to play essentially, their way to stop piracy, so far it hasn't work from my understanding.

I guess this is one for the consoles then. I liked the demo on consoles and disappointed that it was simply a port to the PC. Guess they have to appeal to the wider demographic.
rangent
City Council

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 03:03:10 PM »

Oh well. . .  maybe they'll patch it?
Seron
City Council

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2011, 07:14:10 AM »

Well if I buy it all (if I really hate a company that screws up like this I am may just noy buy from them at all, but I am not this way with this company yet) it will be for the XBOX 360 I am planning on buying, but I shall see...
crowebird
City Planner

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2011, 08:43:04 AM »

If it is patched it will probably be unofficially.... this is ubisoft we are talking about.
I will either give up and buy it for xbox (even though this seems like the perfect mouse and keyboard game for very touchy situations), or just wait for a $5 sale on steam.

eVga Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 HD x 2 (SLi)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: