City Building Games & Forums
April 24, 2014, 10:18:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: CityBuilderGames.com is a gaming community made up of city building game enthusiasts that love such games as SimCity 4, Cities XL 2011, Anno 1701 and Anno 1404, all of the Tropico series of games and more.

Come discuss your favorite City Building game in our message forums that we have setup for all of the games listed above and so many more.  Registration is free and only takes a couple of minutes.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register   *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 10:18:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent Topics
[April 24, 2014, 09:07:31 PM]

[April 24, 2014, 09:01:35 PM]

[April 23, 2014, 05:30:19 PM]

[April 23, 2014, 01:27:47 PM]

[April 23, 2014, 01:27:07 PM]

[April 22, 2014, 12:10:44 AM]

[April 18, 2014, 11:55:59 AM]

[April 18, 2014, 08:57:10 AM]

by Face
[April 16, 2014, 09:20:42 AM]

[April 15, 2014, 06:50:22 AM]
Click the plus on this block if you did not receive your activation email when registering on this site
If you registered for membership on this site but have not yet received the confirmation activation email, there are 3 main reasons.

1. It ended up in your junk or spam folder, please look there to see if it's in there.

2. You did not enter your correct email address.  Please register with a new username and the correct email address and try again.

3. Your IP address and or your Email Address is listed in the Stop Forum Spam (spam protection) database as a known spammer and when either your IP address and or your email address appears in that database, your account can not be approved.  As such if you are a spammer, please move along, our community is too small for you to bother with.  If you are NOT a spammer, contact the owners of Stop Forum Spam and get your information removed from their database and register a new account.
Permissions

Members
Total Members: 3586
Latest: Deckiller
Stats
Total Posts: 31337
Total Topics: 2802
Online Today: 36
Online Ever: 273
(March 26, 2011, 05:00:14 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 18
CityBuilderGames.com! When you need a break from games of destruction, come here to discuss games of construction!

No matter the name of the game, we've got you covered here at City Builder Games.  Forums, downloads and much more are awaiting you here at the Citybuildergames.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patch 1.1 for Railroads is Out !!!!!!!  (Read 2934 times)
Unitedcat
City Planner

« on: December 31, 2006, 07:00:44 AM »

This patch has been out for a
few days and adds quite alot   Smiley Blink Wink

http://www.2kgames.com/railroads/railroads.html

Changes:

Sid Meier's Railroads! v1.1 Patch

Upgrade Sid Meier's Railroads! to v1.1 with this patch.

Updates:

* AI - AI now takes industry potential into consideration when making route decisions.
    * AI - Changed AI's criteria for building new trains (now uses individual goods rather than depots)
    * Functionality - Added new option "Use All Trains", which allows the use of all trains in the game, when in TT mode.
    * Functionality - Added the ability to manipulate the camera freely when paused. To do this, pause the game and press "CTRL+F". In this mode, cursor keys move the camera and the camera can be rotated by holding the left mouse button and moving the mouse.
    * Functionality - Cities can now accept raw materials directly from resources properly.
    * Functionality - Clouds can now be disabled in the options screen.
    * Functionality - Enabled terrain editor. To enable the terrain editor, you must add "EditorEnabled = 1" to your settings.INI.
    * Functionality - Enabled larger size maps.
    * Functionality - Exposed scenario timescale in scenario XML. If "iTurnsPerMonth" is found in the Scenario XML, it will override the default scale of 16 turns per month (every 4 seconds). If the timescale is greater than 60 (a new month every 15 seconds), the date display will also display the current day of the month.
    * Functionality - Fixed rerouting cash exploit.
    * Functionality - Made track selection easier. (track now takes precedence over depots)
    * Functionality - Terminals can now accommodate up to four tracks connected to them.
    * Graphics - Parallel tunnel tracks now draw correctly (no longer overlap)
    * Graphics - Tracks connected to depots/stations/terminals draw with special graphics to distinguish them from "normal" tracks.
    * Interface - Added new city routing icons and chevrons to show which stops on your route map accept the goods in your current consist.
    * Interface - Auction window repositioned so it no longer obscures scores on larger resolutions.
    * Localization - Misc. localization fixes.
    * Multiplayer - XFire support added.

Happy New Year -- CB and all others !!!!!!!

Friendship is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling inside.
Strix
City Council

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 09:43:02 AM »

Thanks, UC

Sticking Tongue Out Bonking on the head with a hamor
City Builder
City Governor
Governor
City Mayor

-=R.I.P. Weston=-

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 03:16:34 PM »

Very cool.  Now I just need to find where I put my RailRoads CD.  Maybe my New Years resolution should be to get better organization of my games.  Big Smiley Grin Laughing

"Meat is Murder" - tasty tasty murder!
- I'm NOT a bird, I do NOT tweet

-= RIP Weston =-
Nov 26, 2005 - July 15, 2010
Strix
City Council

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 03:21:13 AM »

Patch seems to have made things worse in some ways.

The only two positive things I can see is:
Having 4 tracks in a station - it must be upgraded to terminal first
Routing screen shows where you can drop off cargo (as if you didn't know anyway).

Bugs they've newly introduced are unaccountable variation in cities whether you get "sleepers on ballast"  or "tram lines" or whatever this is supposed to be. Sometimes it's one, sometimes the other - it's enough to make you tear your hair out  Frustration.    They must have been able to see this within two minutes of playing- and why did they feel the need to introduce it in the first place?

Also I've had line termination buffers on through lines, and trains that pass through them.  And also tracks and trains going through houses, cos they didn't move out of the way.

In this game tunnels and bridges are way too cheap - there is no incentive to find longer countour crawling routes, cos they're actually more expensive  Disagreeing Madly

And if only they would incorporate individual track waypoints - this could be a very good game indeed.
And some way to turn that *?%&?**? Banjo off

Still like playing it though  Laughing

Unitedcat
City Planner

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 06:50:05 AM »

I haven't had time to play railroads,
with 1.1 patch yet...

I do belive what you say though   Big Smiley Grin Laughing Big Smiley Grin Laughing

About that Banjo Music, it just popped
up an idea and checked it just now  Wink

Open the file settings.ini and change this entry

MusicVolume = 0.750000

to

MusicVolume = 0

or

MusicVolume = 0.1

or somthing like that, I haven't tried it
but it must stop that Banjo Music  Looking around cautiously

Friendship is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling inside.
Strix
City Council

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 08:54:43 AM »

Thanks UC but
MusicVolume was already =0   (You can do this with the sliders).
I don't mean the continuous music but the little riffs that last about 6 or 7 secs that occur when you complete an objective etc or when you get one of those nuisance messages that you can totally ignore  (eg about Crop circles or grape forgeries)  There seems to be no way to do this
Unitedcat
City Planner

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 09:22:05 AM »

OK I understand   Wink

I'll have a look but it might be
hard-coded into the game (exe)

I'm no hacker LOL so I figure it
is very hard to do !!

I do agree there should be a slider
for sounds like that   Looking around cautiously

City Builder
City Governor
Governor
City Mayor

-=R.I.P. Weston=-

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 12:34:08 PM »

Go to your \Sid Meier's Railroads!\Assets\Sounds\
folder, find the offending music or sound and delete it.

If the game crashes then you know that you have to create your own silent mp3 sound to replace it but most games don't crash from not finding an mp3 file so you should be safe.

The hardest part will be to find the sound that you don't want.  The one that annoys me most is the one that plays when a new train appears, or when I go to the upgrade train screen and I think it's the NewTrainMusic.mp3 in the WrapperMusic folder.

edit: MAKE A BACKUP FIRST! IN CASE YOU HAVE TO RESTORE IT.

"Meat is Murder" - tasty tasty murder!
- I'm NOT a bird, I do NOT tweet

-= RIP Weston =-
Nov 26, 2005 - July 15, 2010
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: